The Gumshoe is an annual August FUNdraising "detective" walk in Seattle's Phinney Ridge-Greenwood Neighborhood (PhinneyWood for short). Buy an entry form, solve the clues that guide you through the 3.1 mile walk - discovering fun things along the way - and you qualify for prize drawings AND raise money for three local non-profits: Greenwood Senior Center, Greenwood Food Bank and Greenwood Elementary School PTA.
Averaging two participants per entry form, more than 600 amateur sleuths did the Gumshoe in 2013, raising over $5,100. Each non-profit received a third of the proceeds.
Though you're too late to do this year's Gumshoe, we leave this site posted year around so you can view the clues and answers to the 2013 walk - and see who won.
Come back next June when we update the site with everything you need to know to do the 2014 Gumshoe!
2013 Prize Winners
- JENNA SMITH
- $250 Fred Meyer gift card
- KYLE HALMRAST
- $150 Fred Meyer gift card
- DAVID AUSTIN
- $100 Fred Meyer gift card
- JANET SAWYER
- A $75 gift certificate to Phinney Market Pub & Eatery and
a day at the Woodland Park Zoo with a special
behind-the-scenes tour for two adults and two kids
- ANGELA GALDABINI
- A $75 gift certificate to The Olive and Grape and
an evening at Taproot Theatre for two
- CELINA DARNELL
- $225 worth of gift certificates to nine PhinneyWood eateries
(Easty Street Game)
- LESLIE BASEL
- $135 worth of gift certificates to nine PhineyWood shops